We are fully equipped to handle your office move. Whether large or small, we’ve got you covered!
Our helpful, kind crew will make any move, especially a corporate move, so much easier and less stressful on you. When Adamski/Lloyd Moving and Storage moves for you, we take care to make sure everything makes it to your new office safe and sound.
To help with your office move, here are a few tips on how to run it as smoothly as possible!
1. Make sure you fully understand what the process is.
Communicate with your moving service well in advance what you’re going to need to do and think about when you’re planning. Especially let your moving company know of any details that can’t be set in stone well ahead of time so they can plan ahead with you for every possibility.
2. Plan for your storage options.
Are you going to need climate controlled storage? How about secure storage? Communicate with your storage company about your specific needs if you need to keep something locked away safely. We offer top-notch storage options along with our packing and moving services. You don’t have to worry about negotiating with multiple companies during this process.
3. Inform your moving company of any changes that arise.
As a matter of fact, keep in contact with your moving experts often to make sure they’re as in the loop as possible – the more they know, the better they can assist you.
4. Think about upgrading your equipment!
Get a significant boost in performance from your equipment without having to worry about as much of the hassle of moving it.
5. Make your plans as early as you can.
While you don’t want to start packing very early, you do want to start planning everything around six months in advance. Larger commercial moves needing up to two years of planning to work smoothly.
6. Hire a commercial moving service company that cares about your time and equipment as much as you do.
You want to make sure that the company you hire will also have the resources and safe movers necessary to make sure everything makes it across as painlessly as possible.
7. Schedule the move with the buildings you are moving to and from.
Most buildings don’t allow moves to be done during business hours, so you need to be careful and schedule well in advance to secure a proper moving time – typically on the weekend.
8. Check for any other requirements the buildings may have.
Each building has different needs and requirements for moves. It can easily end up being an awful mess to move. Doubly so when you find out the day of the move that the elevators need to be reserved in advance.
9. Figure out what materials need to have address changes.
You will need to reprint all stationary, business cards and envelopes with your new address and any other changes that come with your move.
10. Tell your employees about the move well in advance.
Check your state’s law on much notice you need to give your employees about a move. It’s best to inform them early and often.
11. Announce to everyone you do business with, as well as your employees, that you are moving.
Don’t put yourself in a situation where you keep receiving mail or phone calls from clients to your old location.
12. In the week before moving, you’re going to need help packing.
That’s where we come in! Call us for a quote on our full packing and moving services!
13. Let the head of each of your departments take an inventory of everything that will need to be packed and moved.
They know what needs to be prepared in their department best, and it takes a lot of stress off of you to delegate this duty.
14. Take a walk through your new location with the building manager.
It’s important to get an idea before you move whether or not things are going to need to be fixed – bulbs changed, leaks patched, etc. – before you move. Everything needs to be in working order when you get there so you can start business again as soon as possible!
15. Make sure all of your utilities and services are set up before your move!
Set Internet, electricity, phones, heat, water, etc. all up in advance. Don’t put yourself in the nasty situation of having your phones offline for a full business day (or more) while your clients are trying to contact you!
16. Forward your mail after the move.
This may seem obvious, but you can forward all of your mail using usps.com – you can even schedule ahead of time!
17. Above all, keep organized.
We know this is a lot of work and it sounds stressful, but keeping organized is the best way to keep things from piling up and getting out of hand. In the long run, doing all of this will make your move infinitely less stressful!
Planning a corporate move?
Call us to get a free quote and find out just what we can do for you! We handle everything you could possibly need for your moving process, safely and soundly.